Friday, July 3, 2009

12 1/2 weeks

We drove down to Houston today to see my perinatal/high risk doctor. The appt went great as far as the baby goes, she was moving like crazy kicking and waving her hands around. It was so wonderful to see her moving so much...at one point I'm pretty sure she kicked the tumor which brings me to the disappointing part of my appt., the tumor has not shrunk it has grown actually doubled in size since I last saw this dr. 5 weeks ago. I was not encouraged, I was a little disappointed, I was hoping it had shrunk, really I was hoping it had disappeared. So to see it so clearly on the ultrasound was (insert groan here). The Dr. was not surprised and he said the tumor is growing in proportion to the baby and placenta, it's not growing faster or threatening the baby right now. He checked the heartbeat and other things and said that there were no signs of congestive heart failure and that the baby looked great...he's hopeful. I may have been a little surprised at the news, but the Dr wasn't and most importantly neither is God, he knew we would be walking this road long before we did...he chose this path for us, so here we are taking it one day at a time praying for health for this baby, and peace for us. We appreciate all your prayers. Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

Sheri N. said...

Hello. I am Sheri and you commented on my blog. I am sorry to hear about your "tumor" although, I want you to know I am now 35 weeks, and my baby is just fine. It might be a rocky road (I have to drive hours to Phoenix and then back twice a week for my perinatal care), however so far everything has worked out. I will keep you in my prayers. If you have any questions about my experience or in general, please email me at nelson.sheri@gmail.com. Good Luck and Congrats on the pregnancy. -Sheri Nelson

Sheri N. said...

P.S. My choriangioma grew from 2-7 cm in the second trimester, then slowed tremendously. From what I have read, that is more common than not. It is now 8cm.