Friday, May 8, 2009

Emma's 3

Happy Birthday to my baby girl, who ummm isn't really a baby anymore! I can't believe you are three today. You were born during one of the most difficult times in my life, Grendaddy had become very sick and Granny Woodard was also very sick. I drove to the hospital most everyday (you screamed the whole drive, you hated riding in carseats) and we would sit all day. You were so very special to your Grendaddy, his eyes lit up everytime I walked in the room with you and Becca. The first time you met Granny Woodard she was in the hospital, she never got to hold you but I held you up to her and told her all about her second great grandaughter. You are what got me through those days, I had never really lost anyone and to discover I was losing two of the most important people in my life....to say I was distraught would be an understatement. I wanted to be strong but with you I didn't have to be, I would hold you late at night and cry about all I was losing, then I would look at you and see all that I still had. You amaze me everyday, you love to learn and are very busy keeping up with your big sister, you are incredibly independant and very stubborn all traits, that although hard to deal with at times, are also traits I admire. You are also loving, you will wake up sometimes when your Daddy comes in
from work, you immediatly run for a hug and then sit on the couch in his lap while he reads you a story... or two. I thank God for you everyday, Happy Birthday sweet girl.

No comments: