Monday, January 25, 2010

I must confess

This post is supposed to be for Not Me Monday....but I must confess....it's all true....and, it was me. :-)

So the other day the girls and I decided to make a cake, I've been trying to turn pretty much everything we do into a learning experience, Becca helped read the instructions, we talked math when putting the ingredients together, then we threw a little science in by talking about how the ingredients change once cooked. Oh yea...I was feeling pretty good about myself, we had a great learning experience, and we were going to get to eat cake in thirty minutes, yep, I was doing good.
I gave the girls the beater to lick....they later took the bowl....which was a good thing seeing as it would be the only part of the cake they would get to eat.



The girls kept asking me if the cake was done...I kept telling them no, and not to open the oven. I thought I smelled something burning, but just knew that it wasn't the cake, maybe some had dripped down the side or something. When I finally peeked into the oven, what I saw made me double over in laughter, our cake was gone...well it wasn't in the pan anymore, (sigh) Apparently I didn't put the pan together right. Are you ready to laugh....this is what I found in my oven...



yep, our whole cake had leaked out the bottom of the pan, it was now a large pancake on the bottom of the oven....a large pancake that needed to be flipped! In order to get it out I had to get a spatula and scoop it all up, the girls didn't find it quite as funny as I did....they had really been looking forward to eating that cake!



YUMMY huh, well at least they got to lick the bowl!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty... stinkin hillarious! Thanks for sharing that! I love reading these stories!!! :D
-K

Anonymous said...

Im looking at this... and.... did you even put a bottom in the pan? I DONT UNDERSTAND!!!...how does a cake pan leak ALL THE BATTER.... unless the bottom is missing?!?
K

Anonymous said...

Extremely hard to hold, but at least your fire stayed confined to the oven. I hear yard fires are pretty popular these days.
Anonymous Tom