Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Easter Tree (part 1)

When I was a little girls every Easter my Granny Woodard would have us, her grandkids, over to decorate a Easter tree. We would find the perfect branch or stick off the ground stick it in a pot and decorate it with all these little easter eggs, bunnies and other ornaments. As we grew older we stopped decorating the Easter tree and I forgot about it. Then I had kids of my own, with a young family we are always starting new traditions, I started thinking about Granny Woodards Easter tree and thought that would be a great tradition to bring back. After Granny passed away I was given her Easter tree ornaments, so for the second year the girls and I have gone out looking for the perfect stick, brought it in, stuck it in a pot, and decorated it with Grannys ornaments. While we are decorating I tell them my childhood memories of Granny Woodard and all the fun things she used to do with us. Here are this years pictures of our Easter tree.


Easter Tree 09

1 comment:

justanothername said...

I really am quite sad I dont remember the Easter tree tradition... the only thing I really remember is putting the gummy sugary candies on the tree... was that at Easter?!