Monday, November 23, 2009

Not Me Monday

It's been so long I could probably fill a page on everything that I ummm did not do....but hey lets go ahead and confess a few.
I may or may not have baked cookies, pies and other scrumptious deserts every morning this past week just so the oven could warm the house up...we are learning to live without central heat and umm yea not really loving waking up in a cold house.
I did not hold Saturday school (I mean really, they don't know you're out of school on Saturday :-)
I did not walk into my girls room to find them with the salt shaker....shaking salt into their hands and eating it.
Oh I could go on and on, like the day I did not open a can of soup to feed to the dogs because I was out of dogfood, or the cookies I let the girls to make that turned into a pan of sprinkles....cookies with your sprinkles anyone???

We have definitely been having fun in the Parker household! I love this time of year, Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'm not going to lie and say that it's all great, I keep coming across things that make me think about Lilly and how we should be preparing for a new baby. I see toys I would love to buy and baby's first Christmas tees and it's like a punch in the gut it seems like a lifetime ago that I held her for the first and last time and it really makes me sad. So if you will keep me in your prayers this Holiday season, because as much as I love this time of year it's sometimes hard to keep a happy face on.

Now in the spirit of Thanksgiving starting later today I am going to try (if the girls will let me sit long enough){grin} to write something that I am Thankful for everyday until Thursday so stay tuned....

No comments: