Thursday, January 29, 2009

Moments

Life is full of all kinds of moments, happy, sad, moments you would rather forget shall I go on.... but one of my favorites is those moments that make you go Awww. Yesterday as the girls and I waited in the car at dance class they noticed a man standing on the side of the road. If you live out here then you have seen them all dressed up as the statue of liberty right in time for tax season. Well we were discussing that no he wasn't crazy as they called him (crazy man) but I explained that it was his job to stand out there and hold his sign so people would come to his business. It was quiet for a minute and we moved on to another subject, then Emma said
E: "Do we need to pray for him"
Me: for who
E: for the man out there
Me: Of course we can pray for him, but why?
E: Cause Momma its really cold and he does not have a jacket on
AWWWW
What a special moment to sit in the car with my two girls and pray for someone because they felt the need to. When we said Amen, I wondered if that man could feel it, could he feel that someone at that moment was praying for him, I like to believe he could. Prayer is such a powerful thing, when we pray, but also when we pray for others. I know that the prayers that have been sent up on my behalf are what got me through some very hard moments in my life and continue to get me through all kinds of MOMENTS.


Funny moment.... Emma also asked me who God was to Jesus, before I could try to explain that Becca said I think its probably his grandpa. Isn't it great how many moments God gives us!

No comments: